Thursday, April 30, 2009

Downsizing...

Well, BAE Systems (where my husband works) is finally feeling the economic bite. Next week they are downsizing 2% of their workers. When my husband got the e-mail today, he said none of the managers knew a thing about it. Whew!! I don't know what this is going to mean. He hasn't been their that long, and he's older, so he could very well be out of a job. I only work part-time and the hospital has a freeze on all raises and new hires. No overtime, no additional hours, they want us to go home without pay when it's slow. I really don't know if we can live on just my salary. We do have savings, but everyone knows how far savings go. I'm a little frightened about this. I'm pretty sure the laptop that I'm drooling over is going to be put on the back burner for awhile, maybe a good long while. I'm gonna do some more praying and hope that everything works out for the best. It's totally out of our hands anyway, because what happens...happens. It's fate, or ka.

No comments: