Tuesday, July 7, 2009

MIA







Kira and I went to the Minneapolis Institute of Arts today. I haven't been there in a very long time, and I was kind of balking at the idea of walking around looking at paintings. I think I had a better time than she did. For some reason, I had a much better understanding of the work and talent that went into the pieces. Especially the busts carved out of marble. Unbelieveable! I've included some of the pieces I took pictures of, some that Kira took too, although I'll let her post her pictures on her blog.
We got most of the way through the 3rd floor when we decided we were hungry. D'amico and Sons have a cafe there so we thought that would be a good idea. Well, it closes at 2:30 and we got hungry at 3:15. We opted for finishing up another day, and going to Rosedale to get the salad bar at Ruby Tuesdays. A very good idea...Kira had the salad bar and the two little turkey burgers with swiss cheese and endless fries. I had the salad bar and a bowl of white chicken chili. Wonderful. We both had lemonades, raspberry for me and strawberry for her. We topped it off by taking home a huge slice of cheesecake with blackberry topping.
Back at Kira's we watched "Bottle Shock", a great movie about California wine and ate out yummy cheesecake.

1 comment:

Kira Leigh said...

I had a great time! I just wasn't talky today. I love the carvings and casts and stuff. And I want to have a display of my photography. That would be awesome. :D