Monday, November 14, 2011

Day 11...

When Bodywise Theraputic Massage closed it's doors at the beginning of this year, I was worried that I would have a difficult time finding someplace to get relief. David had given me a gift certificate for a Hot Stone massage at Massage Envy and he knew what happened to Bodywise, so he kept pushing me to go get my massage.
After the first one, I got sucked in to signing up for the membership. It has turned out to be a good thing for me. I pay a certain amount each month and I get a massage each month. I make the next massage when I'm checking out, otherwise I tend to put off making the phone call.
I'm not sure if the way they massage is different than Bodywise, or if my Fibromyalgia has gotten worse, but I do know that the massages Hurt! (I actually believe it is the Fibro) Both arms, parts of my legs and my glutes have this cold, white pain, I can't say red-hot, because it doesn't feel like a burn, it feels very painful, intense, almost cold and sharp. Not very pleasant at all, but...I guess it is what it is.
I've had Amy the last two times and I'll have her again in a few weeks, and she is very good at getting my knots loosened up. She says that my shoulders and neck are very tight, and that I might want to do some stretching and maybe use the tennis ball in the sock. hahahahaha I'm stretching constantly and I have a Theracane, my muscles just start tightening up as soon as I walk out the door of Massage Envy.
Anyway, to make a short story long, I am grateful for walks and massages, my energy pills, and B vitamins, Fish Oil and sam-e. If I take all of my vitamin/supplements, loosen up by going for a walk and get regular massages, I feel pretty darn human, and for that, I am very grateful.

No comments: