Friday, January 20, 2012

Linked 52: Breakfast...

I'm on vacation this week with my husband, in sunny, warm, beautiful Orlando Florida.
My daughter and oldest son flew down for a few days to vacation with us...unfortunately, they have now both gone home.
Sigh... 
I always find it so strange that it takes only moments to feel like they have never been gone and once they get back on that plane to fly home, it feels like they were never here with me. I KNOW they were here though. I can always tell when they have been with me. I can tell because the pain of loss I feel in my chest seems to be getting worse each time I have to say goodbye. Tonight I physically ache when I walk by the rooms they stayed in. So...to any of you out there with young children, wondering if you will worry less, or miss them less when they are grown up, the answer is...

No, it doesn't get any better when they grow up. 

And NO, they really never grow up!



































It was wonderful to have them with us, even if it was only for a few days. We spent two glorious days at Universal Studios and Universal Studios Island of Adventure, and went on a lot of rides multiple times. One good thing about going in January, besides the obvious, if you live in the frozen tundra of Minnesota, is that you can actually get on a ride without having to wait in line for 45 minutes to more than an hour. 




Oops, sorry, this is about breakfast, right??





Well, breakfast does enter in to the vacation scenario because of the kind of breakfast I eat when I'm on vacation. 
I normally eat the same thing everyday, (boring, but my innards are happy with the arrangement) which would be a bowl of cereal, milk and hopefully, a cut-up banana, blueberries, strawberries or raspberries.
But, when I'm on vacation, I end up eating big breakfasts, hoping they keep me filled a little longer while I  walk a million miles around a theme park.
The first morning the kids were here, Andy made a breakfast of 
cinnamon swirl french toast, 
bacon, 
grapes and OJ
The next day I let him catch up on his sleep (which he never seems to get enough of) and I made
cheese covered scrambled eggs,
the rest of the cinnamon swirl toast,
the rest of the bacon, 
grapes and OJ

Next came
over easy fried eggs,
white toast with strawberry jam,
grapes and OJ

Today I got back to normal
Special K, 
sliced banana,
milk and OJ.

We always rent a hotel, villa or apartment that has a kitchen specifically so we can make some meals and save a little money. Unfortunately, this means we end up doubling up on foods because we can't take it home with us in our bags. 


Have fun seeing what the rest of the Linked 52 group has to say and show in their post about Breakfast...


Jenn
Michelle
Heather
Tracey
Stacey
Andrea
Jessica
Kristin
Amanda
Amanda
Lesli
Sara
Rhonda
Tracy
Carla
Lena
Naomi

If I forgot anyone, I'm very sorry, I'm posting this from my phone  :-)


8 comments:

Heather M. said...

those are some yummy looking breakfasts! and so happy that you got to spend some time with your kids!

Andrea said...

My heart already aches thinking about he time my boy is all grown up and on his own. I wonder how I will I cope? What will I do? They are always our kids, no matter he age.
I love to have a big breakfast while on vacation. I don't make the big breakfast at home. It's one meal I don't do or make. But breakfast out is a feast! I want everything! Eggs, pancakes, bacon, hash browns. The whole shebang! And those photos are making me hungry as I sit here in starbucks drinking my latte. :-)

stacey said...

You lucky duck! You picked a GREAT week to go to sunny and warm Florida! It's been bitter cold here!

And can I come over?? Your breakfasts sound amazing!!

Heidi said...

I joined the project this week! Looking forward to this adventure.

I am the same way - at home I hardly have breakfast, but on vacation I eat big breakfasts! Especially if it's omelettes!

Kira Leigh said...

That last pic is my breakfast!

Amanda Kelley said...

Fun and yummy post! And I am jealous of the vacation especially with sub-zero highs here in Minnesota.

Naomi said...

Like you, my breakfast at home consists of toast most days. But vacation, big breakfasts it is! Those breakfasts look SO GOOD!

penandview said...

I am FINALLY getting to post a comment here...it wouldn't let me the last few times I tried. :( Anyway, can I just say your breakfasts look YUMMY?! :)
t