Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Remembering my word...

I picked my word to center myself with and I've already forgotten to use it.


Believe..I need to believe that this pup will be okay in his new home. That his new brother will accept him and not dominate him. I need to believe that he will learn, he is so very smart, that he will thrive, that he will continue to be a very nice, loving little pup. I need to believe that his new brother will have a little surgery done so he too can be a happy, calm, loving dog. I need to believe in my son and his girlfriend, that they actually know what they are doing and will be able to handle any problems that may arise. I need to believe that I can keep my nose out of their lives and let them live them as they see fit. Oh my, it is soooo very hard to be a mom to adult children. I still want to tell them what to do and how to do it. I try to keep it down to suggestions, many, many suggestions. 
We got to know this little guy while he stayed with us for a few days. It was a little touch and go the first day, but we quickly got used to each other. With my daughter's training tips, we found out just how smart he is. He is a quick learner, he loves to play catch, he got used to our cats, and stopped pulling Annie's neck fur. We were working on the word 'leave it', and another day or two would be all he needs, but he won't be learning that from us now, he'll have to learn that from his dad. I believe I'll wait until my son has his next couple of days off before I go see him. 



Maybe we can all go for a walk.
Kilo could wear his new jacket!


No comments: