Sunday, March 4, 2012

03.04.12

March 4: Tree

A few years ago, we bought a River Birch clump to replace a red maple that just up and died.
It too has needed a little help since we planted it...seems it needed a bit more water than we anticipated.
After giving it the water it wanted, along with some fertilizer, it now seems to be doing wonderfully.
I love how the bark peels away, and all the different colors show through. It's tempting to grab hold
and start peeling, but...I know that wouldn't be a very good idea. When the leaves are all in, it gives just
the right amount of light, dappled shade.


2 comments:

Country Girl said...

River birches love water. My husband went to school for dendrology. This is the only reason I know this! They love being right next to creeks. And rivers!

Carolynn Anctil said...

I saw your comment at Chronicles of a Country Girl...and thought I'd come over and prove you wrong. *grin*

This is an awesome shot! Love the perspective, the texture and the colour.

Blessings,
Carolynn