Friday, July 20, 2012

Linked 52 - Summer...

Summer...


hot, muggy, drippy, sweaty
intense sunshine
glare
weeds...big ones
dry grass
huge water bills
flowers of many different varieties
riotous color
growth
beauty
butterflies, bees
mosquitoes, yellow jackets
vegetables, herbs from our garden
strawberries, raspberries, blueberries from our garden
grapes, apples, pears from our garden
farmer's market
gorgeous sunrises
glorious sunsets
no energy to do more than sit 
lots of energy to garden for hours
road trips
biking, hiking, exploring
lakes 10,000 of them
fishing, camping, smores
boats, canoes, water skiing
Lake Harriet concerts
picnics, sangria, margaritas
early morning or late evening walks with Annie
fireworks = calm chews and thundershirt
friends
grilling
sitting on the patio
bonfires
sitting on the deck of Psycho Suzi's
suntan on choice body parts
Dairy Queen
lemonade, iced tea
being able to see at night to drive
lawn mowing
dappled shade
our pond
wildlife
thunderstorms, rain
full rainbarels
unexpected rainbows (see below)





I've never liked summer very much because it's so dang HOT, (I'm more of a spring/fall person), but after I listed out what summer means to me, I've realized that I actually do enjoy it...quite a bit, humidity and all.








See what summer means to these lovely ladies...


Tracy





10 comments:

Unknown said...

I love everything about it : ) I just overlook the bad things, like mosquitos and ticks, because I get to be with kids all day! I LOVE KIDS! Beautiful pictures.

Jean said...

love the garden! so jealous!

Just Rhonda said...

Yep I love summer!! And your garden looks great!

Naomi said...

You described summer just perfectly. Lovely shots!

Hilary said...

Summer is my season. I enjoy the heck out of it no matter the humidity. I'm going to have to remember to do a similar list of what I like about winter. Generally, it's not much. Thanks for sharing your summer fun.

Andrea said...

A great description of all things summer. :) Those clouds are amazing! A great capture! We don't get clouds that big and puffy often.

Amanda said...

The colors are so pretty and vibrant in your first two photos - gorgeous. It has been too hot this summer in MN, hasn't it? I'm with you - I'm more of a fall time girl, too. :)

tracy said...

I love your garden. Wish I could grow one - I am so jealous!

Jessica said...

Wow, I want to come spend summer with you! THat sounds amazing.

Amanda Kelley said...

Perfect wording! Loving the summer photos!