Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Linked Rivers - June 2013

I keep meaning to take a drive and get some pictures of the Mississippi River from a different location, but for some reason, life keeps getting busier when I actually have less to do...maybe it has something to do with getting OLDer. I'll try to convince David to leave the wood cutting (even though I really want him to clean that up) and go for a drive, do some sightseeing and have a picnic, heck, I'll even let him stop and fish!

The following pictures are near where I live and often walk. The river is still quite high from all the rain we've been having, but I noticed today that it has gone down about 8 inches since this last Thursday.  It really doesn't take very long to recede when we go for a couple weeks with no rain.







These are Not Annie's paw prints...I have one of hers in plaster. One day I'll have another dog and we'll go walking by the river and leave our own paw/foot prints, but for now, I'll enjoy these.



Visit my friend Hanne
(she's all the way over the ocean in Italy!!!)
We're doing a monthly river link-up.

No comments: