Friday, November 18, 2011

Day 7...

I had a headache from 5:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. It was one of my Fibro headaches that I get when I put pressure on the wrong part of my head. I had coffee, an Excedrine extra strength, more coffee, a burger for lunch, and finally, in late afternoon, it just went away. That's the way this kind of headache works, no matter what I do or take, it will be there until around 5:00 p.m. Very strange.
I got to leave work early because I went in special last evening to get all the Mayo work taken care of. They were switching over to their new lab system today and they took their old system down at 10:00 p.m. last night and would not be up and running until noon today at the earliest.
I would have just stayed at work, because it's not like I couldn't find something to do, but my head hurt so bad I just wanted to leave, and I had a Target and Petco run before I could go rest.
I got all my errands finished with my headache intact, got home and put everything away and decided I just had to get outside. There is snow in the forecast and there were things left in the yard that shouldn't be there so I changed clothes and went out to pick up apples. I got them all picked up and raked out the wood chips that David dumped out. I tidied up rakes and buckets and stuff and noticed that I no longer had that nasty headache. Now, I could say it went away because it was such a beautiful day out, pleasant, mild November weather, the fresh smell of Autumn, the concentration of picking and raking, but I would be lying. The headaches are an entity all by themselves.
I do have to say that the beautiful day certainly did lighten my spirits though and I'm hoping that the snow misses us for the time being. I'd like to wait until after Thanksgiving to get snow.  ;-)

I downloaded a new camera app and here is something I was playing around with:


No comments: