Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day 9...

Today was my day off, and although it was cold, it was sunny and for most of the day, it was nice and felt pretty good. I had a wonderful time wandering around by myself.
This morning I checked my computer for possible movies to see but I didn't find anything I felt like sitting through. I didn't feel like going to the zoo, because I wanted at least part of the day to do a little shopping, and I can spend the whole day at the zoo. I decided against driving to Stillwater because I told myself it was too cold to enjoy myself walking the sidewalks from shop to shop. Wimp! I would have stayed home to catch up on some TV shows I've missed, but I knew I would just be mad at myself for not getting outside.
So...I hopped in my car and drove to Dunn Bros and got a small, skim, pumpkin pie Icecrema with a little light whipped cream. Mmmmmm, I have to figure out how to make these myself, or maybe I shouldn't. Then I drove the few blocks to Bachman's. I picked up a couple of  'girl gifts' for Christmas while I was there, and the makings for a candle centerpiece. Next I went to JoAnn's and got some greens and flower stems for one of the huge ceramic pots we bought this summer. After JoAnn's came Michael's for glitter and spray paint, Pier I for a candle then LeeAnn Chin's for Lemon Chicken, Fried Rice, Cream Cheese Wontons and a Strawberry Lemonade. Yum..this was both my lunch and dinner, so I didn't feel tooooo bad.
David had dropped off the vacuum at Oreck last week and they called to say it was ready to pick up, so I did that. It's cleaned, adjusted and has a new Hepa filter bag all ready for more dirt and hair. My last stop was Target for some batteries for one of those triple candle holders that sit on a windowsill that are popular for the Holidays. It even has a dusk to dawn sensor, Yippee.
All this wandering took me seven hours, it was lovely.
I got home, put batteries in the candle holder, cleaned off the glass jar for the candle centerpiece, put other stuff away and went for a walk. I didn't have a choice about the walk, Annie wouldn't give me a choice. She knew it was the usual time for a walk (early actually), and she let me know by staring at me, her head tilting from side to side, crouching down with her front legs straight out and her hind end up in the air. All I said was, Walk and she went nuts. I had to layer on some clothes, put on gloves and a headband, grab a dog treat, clip on her leash and, most important when it is totally dark out...put on the reflective vest. So fashionable.
It was realy quite pleasant while walking east and south, but once we turned west, then north, it was very, very windy and cold. It felt good anyway and I'm glad she let me know she wanted to go for a walk.
So, I am grateful for nice days, getting to do what ever I want to.


I'm also grateful that I have only One clumsy pet. This lamp was just sitting on a cabinet that Little-Bit wanted to be on. Being Mr. Clumsy, he tried to jump on the cabinet from the sofa (a foot away) and couldn't fit his pudgy body in the space the lamp was in, so now it is broken. It isn't anything that can't be fixed, but geez cat, really??? (I have found out that it is an Old Wives Tale that all cats are graceful!)

No comments: