Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Last minute...

Well it's October 14, 2009 and it has already snowed 3 times. There is 100% chance of precipitation tonight. Of course, I have tomorrow off and I wanted to finish up a few chores in the yard, like moving some plants. I think I might have to wait until the weekend.
David, and the boys dug out the egress window spot, a trench for the electrical pipes to the pond, and filled in the arbor floor. Justin and David started moving the flagstone yesterday, and when I got home from work, I took over. We have most of it filled in now. Next we'll have to dig down a little I think, or just fill in around the pieces, they aren't all the same thickness, and will need to be played with. I think we'll have a good amount left over to play with around the patio. I don't like things to be all neat and perfect, I like them natural. We'll pour concrete in wedge shapes for the patio and incorperate the flagstone. I can't wait until it's all done. Hopefully...we'll get it done in the spring. I'd really like to be taking advantage of it, and sitting in the adirondak chair with a cool beverage and a good book, instead of hauling stones and rocks.
David has been working sooooo hard on this all summer and he has done a fantastic job. As do-it-yourselfer's, it's wonderful.

No comments: