Wednesday, June 8, 2011

New baby…

I finally got a new car. I’ve been thinking about it for more than a year, and the one thing that got me to go look at cars was the fact that David and I will be taking a road trip to Cincinnati to visit Andy. Flying was expensive, the Amtrak was expensive, we didn’t want to risk driving my Grand Am and David’s truck was not a choice, so I bought a car! I think that maybe the car is a little bit more expensive than either the flight or train, but…it sooo pretty.

I got a 2012 Ford Focus. It has a moon-roof, sport package, 17” fancy wheels, sync (which is so very cool) and a bunch of other things, but the most important thing is the color, RED. I’ve always wanted a red car, and now I have one.

My Grand Am was a 6 cyl and this is a 4 cyl which is not supposed to make much of a difference, but it really does. I think I will miss the power for awhile. I’m sure I’ll get used to the slower pick-up, but I do notice it now. Take a look at my new baby ____, hmm, I need to think of a name.

P1020414

4 comments:

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

Cool car! Congratulations!!

Andy Goettsch said...

That car....is bad ass...you wanna trade?

Hagga said...

Bill took one look and said, "DAMN!"

Country Girl said...

Beautiful car. Yes, a little more expensive than the train or the plane, but you'll have this for a longer time.