Thursday, November 24, 2011

Day 1...

It was a gloriously beautiful day in Minnesota today. Sunny, warm, the windows could be opened up, just wonderful.
We usually have holiday meals early, 1-2 p.m. but this year I had everyone come over about 3 p.m. knowing we wouldn't be eating until about 4 p.m. I wanted time to get things done (clean baths, dust, vacuum, tidy) without going crazy. I'm known to get a little overwhelmed when I have too much to do, and people (my immediate family) get in my way, or make even more work for me.
I was even bathed and dressed well before anyone arrived.
I used a brine my son had used (except I didn't use sugar and I guess I was supposed to - it tasted great anyway) and lots of herbed butter under and on the skin, then stuck it in the roaster. It was scrumptious. The dressing turned out great, the sweet potatoes turned out great, all the sides that were brought turned out great and my mom's Pumpkin Chiffon pie was superb as usual.
We were able to skype both Andy and Kira although not at the same time. The dogs behaved themselves, the relatives behaved themselves, everyone got along, no fights, no nasty comments and they all stayed waaayyyy longer than usual.




All in all, it was an excellent Thanksgiving and I am very grateful for that. (plus my house and porch got cleaned!!)

No comments: