Friday, March 9, 2012

03.09.12...

March 9 - Music

For years and years, during Christmas Eve service at Parkway UCC, someone would sing "O Holy Night" towards the end of the service. Everyone was given a candle at the start of service, and while the song was being sung, two members of the Diaconate would light the candle of the first person in each pew, and they would light the next and so on. It was a beautiful service, and I always wanted to be the singer. I finally got the opportunity and was able to sing solo for three or four years, then my daughter joined me and our choir director found a wonderful arrangement for two voices. Kira and I sang that wonderful duet another four years or so...until she got a job in Arizona and moved away. It was an absolute Rush to sing that song with her, our voices blended very well, and when we sing together, our egos tend to burst forth, so we had a lot of fun singing too. This arrangement is just fantastic. I really miss singing it with her, heck, I miss singing anything with her.

"Cantique De Noel"  (O Holy Night) by Adolphe Adam, arranged by Carl Deis


3 comments:

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

I wish I could have heard it. What a wonderful set of memories you have.

Unknown said...

this is a lovely memoir of her. Thanks for stopping by!

Kira Leigh said...

I miss you too mom!