Thursday, November 8, 2012

Linked 52 - Wind...

wind

1   [n. wind, Literary wahynd; v. wind]  Show IPA
noun
1.
air in natural motion, as that moving horizontally at anyvelocity along the earth's surface: A gentle wind blewthrough the valley. High winds were forecast.
2.
a gale; storm; hurricane.
3.
any stream of air, as that produced by a bellows or fan.
4.
air that is blown or forced to produce a musical sound insinging or playing an instrument.
5.


It's been pretty mild here in Minnesota, with some rain, lots of clouds and a little bit of sun.
The temps have been in the 20 - 50 degree range, normal for November. Pretty much ho hum weather. Now I'm not complaining, because we still have a few things to do outside, and I really don't want snow yet, it just makes the season too long. 

My hubs and I were talking about Hurricane Sandy and the devastation that resulted. People always talk about "the Big one" that will occur in California that will cause it to sink into the ocean. We have tornadoes, but not in the numbers and severity as those in Tornado Alley. Our Boundary Waters has yearly wildfires, but again, not like those seen in the mountain area west of here. The Hawaiian Islands have volcanoes. Other islands have Tsunamis. Minnesota doesn't have any kind of real severe weather system and we aren't in an earthquake zone, we can't have a Tsunami, we regularly have wildfires up north, several nasty storms along with or without tornadoes in the spring and summer, our winters vary from hardly measurable snow to full blown blizzards and depending on the snowfall for the season, we have some flooding in the spring.

So, when I saw that this weeks word was Wind, I was wondering what I was going to do.
I have to admit that I put it off until Wednesday, but I don't think it would have mattered, because I really don't remember there being any wind this week. (Actually, now that I really think hard about it, there was some wind, but I didn't take any pictures of it).
I did however take a few of Annie this summer where the wind is whipping about her fur.

Does this happen to anyone else (that has a Droid and not iPhone) where the pictures you take with your phone are really pixelated when enlarged?? 

This is my favorite and the only one that isn't all pixeled. I was taking a picture of the grass and she photo bombed the frame, but it's okay, because I like the way the Wind is blowing her fur.





See how much Wind the rest had to deal with...




3 comments:

Amanda Kelley said...

I struggled with this week as well... I would have loved to capture some of the leaves falling but there isn't any leaves left... Seems you may have been torn in how to capture this week but totally ended up nailing it! Love the fur in the wind!

Tracey said...

I love that she photo bombed the photo! Love her fur blowing in the wind too. :) And I like the change up you did here on your blog. You rearranged, or changed the background? I almost had to do a double take to figure out if I was in the right place. Ha!

Jean said...

Janet,

love this photo! love the dry grass (or whatever you call it) and really making me want a pup!

i know, i didn't feel much wind. i did yesterday, but it was little and during the day when i didn't have my camera.

i hope we have visitors as well for our birdhouses.