Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Mom

I try not to think of it too much, but I'm getting scared of the day my mother is no longer with us. I've lived three houses away from her for the past 30 years. She has ALWAYS been there. I can not imagine life without her.
I used to go sit and talk with her nearly everyday, but not so much anymore. The main reason, I hate to admit, is because my sister lives with her. She can be a little over powering. She hears that I've come for a visit and instead of letting mom and I talk, she takes over and an hour later, mom and I have barely said two words to each other, and I need to be going. If I only had some guts, I would say something, but I don't like arguments, so I keep quiet.
I do love the days I get to spend with my mom though. She gets so excited, jabbering away. It's fun to see her that way.
I think I need to make necessary changes to my life and see her more. Things happen all too quickly, and I would hate to have to say..."I wish I would have spent more time with her."
I love my mom!

No comments: