Sunday, November 14, 2010

ARC Value Village…

Anyone who would care to read this probably already knows that I shop at thrift stores, mainly ARC Value Village, although I have shopped at others. I was feeling a little on edge today, well it was a little more than ‘on edge’, more like irrationally nasty, and I just wanted to be away from David because I knew if I stayed at home, I would end up insulting him about something or other. Now this feeling usually has to do with chocolate, but I’m kind of thinking I may have to just go with sugar in general, or maybe it’s just all artificial sweeteners. I had 1/2 a can of Diet Rite cola, which has sucralose in it, before we went to the store, and 1/2 way through shopping, I just felt like ripping him apart. I can not tell you how much I HATE that feeling. I have absolutely no warning when it’s going to happen. I’m just fine one moment, and the next I feel like ripping something apart. I said ripping twice, but that really is the feeling I get, like if I had sharp claws, I would stick them in his chest and rip it apart. Thank God that I don’t have claws and that I am aware of my feelings enough that I would never really act on them, but nasty comments always slip out before I realize what’s happening. I can then control my mouth, but to do that, I have to distance myself from anyone I care about. So I now have 10 cans of Diet Rite cola sitting on my kitchen counter that I can not drink. :( sad   Every now and then a soda would just be the ticket but I’m stuck with water, lemon aide or juice. 

Anyway, we made it home in one piece and took Annie for a walk, not the walk we promised her which was going to be a long walk around Palmer Lake, because David got a call from work and had to be near his computer, so we took a short one,which was enough to satisfy us all. I was feeling better just getting some fresh air and exercise, but I still didn’t want to be at home, so I went to my second favorite store, ARC Value Village.  I got some pretty good deals, a corduroy jacket, a sweater, 2 wine glasses and a down jacket all for $34.00. David wanted me to look for some gloves, but unless they are new, gloves and mittens usually wear out before they would be donated. I swear some people buy clothes, decide they don’t want them and instead of returning them, they just keep them until they decide it’s time to clean out their closet and donate to ARC or GoodWill, or some other organization. Well, that’s just fine with me, because I’ve gotten some very nice things at a ridiculously low price. Take a look at today’s deals…

P1010878 P1010880 P1010882 P1010883 P1010875 P1010877

The colors are a little different than what the camera and my fixing show, but they are close. This down jacket has zip-off sleeves and hood and nothing else wrong! It’s from New York & Company, so I know it had to be a little pricey and I got it for a whopping $12.99. My children can tease me all they want and I could not care, because now I can afford to go to my first favorite store…HomeGoods!!!!! I will laugh and laugh and laugh all the way home!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Those are some good buys!