Friday, November 11, 2011

It's so dark...

Damn, it's happening already.
I'm going to have to plan all of my outings to be over before it gets dark. I don't see great during the day, when there is ample light, so in the evening when it's dark, with the lights from oncoming cars in my eyes, and Haley's Comet tails on all the lights, it's a little frightening to try to keep my car in my lane, while I try to determine just how close other cars are to me.
I am exaggerating a bit, but not by much. This Salzmann's Degeneration I have on both eyes, but way worse on my left eye, gives all lights a smear to the left, much like the tail of a comet.
During the spring and summer and even early autumn, I have freedom to go where ever I want, when ever I want. Even the middle of winter is tolerable, but after early autumn through to early spring, I feel that I am at the mercy of my husband if I want to go somewhere in the evening.
It just hit me tonight at 18:00, when I drove to Culver's to get a burger, that I had to concentrate very hard on the road. If I just had a hard time seeing in the dark, I would at least feel like most of the older drivers out there, but the comet tail smear just blurs all the lights and makes things even worse.
So...it's going to be a very long winter.

No comments: