Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Some of me...

I'm taking a great risk and joining a self portrait project with a whole bunch of women over here.
Like a lot of women, I do not like having my picture taken, never have, but hopefully, I won't hate it forever. Now that I'm "OLD", everything has changed on my body. My skin is dry, and saggy, I have jowls and my neck is wrinkly. My face is getting that soft, fuzzy look that older women have. It's frightening...I do not feel my age at all, I feel so much younger. I was talking with my mother-in-law a few years ago, when she was a young 92 yrs old and she was complaining about the wrinkles on her face. I thought she was being crazy, because geez, she was 92 for gosh sake, she deserves to have wrinkles. I asked how old she felt and she replied she felt 30 yrs old. Wow! I'm starting to see what she means.
Hopefully this project will help me feel better about myself, or take some needed steps to accomplish that. I believe it will help me see myself as others do. I do believe it will be an eye opening project, and I have to admit that I an looking forward to it.

I took a bunch of photos of myself, looked them over and found a few a liked. This is the one I liked best.


This is just straight out of the camera, I didn't do anything to it, I tried, but I liked it better this way. After looking at all the photos from other women posted on flickr, I now have a whole bunch of new ideas for future photo sessions.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Saggy skin? Jowls? Neck wrinkles? Um, I don't see any of that! I don't know how old you are, but you are stunning, new friend! Stunning!

urban muser said...

this is fabulous and you look great! i love that story you shared about your mother in law. thanks for linking up at {in the picture} this month :)

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

Janet, this is such a lovely photo. You are beautiful!