Saturday, March 17, 2012

03.17.12...

March 17 - green

Happy St. Patrick's Day to ye all.

When I saw that today's word was green, my first thought was green beer. Now I don't care for beer, never have, probably never will, but green beer and St. Patty's Day just seem to go hand in hand.

I love the color green, for things I have around my house. I don't wear much green at all, but my eyes are green!!
Whenever I am at an antique shop, I always look for green glasswear, not any old green though, it has to be a certain color of green. I guess I'm kind of picky when it comes to green glasswear.

Anyway, I was thinking of something to photograph today that was green. Let's see...grass, plants, my glass serving pieces, the glass canning jar in the bathroom that we keep our toothbrushes in, the carpet up the stairs and in the hallway of the second floor, my sweater that I adopted from Kira when she left it behind.
Well, I was still thinking while I was lightly raking up all the branches and pinecones, when I came upon a piece of green glass that was once probably a beer bottle, under some bushes I was cleaning up.


It's so much prettier in person.

My Grandparents used to own the house I now live in, and way back then, they used to bury things that we would now just toss in the garbage can. We have found all sorts of things while digging holes for new plants, bushes and trees. I've finally started to keep the pieces I find and plan on using them in a mosaic project of some sort, whenever I get around to it. hahaha
Here are a few more items my husband found (excluding the green glass) while digging a hole for an egress window.


1 comment:

Hilary said...

What wonderful treasure to uncover.. .and knowing their connection is to your own grandparents makes it all the more special. I love the idea of your creating a mosaic of these pieces. It would be a very special tribute to your grandparents.