Friday, March 2, 2012

Linked 52 Spirit…


100

There have been many times in the past that I have felt His spirit, while sitting in this church.
Most of those times were when my children were young, I think maybe I needed His spirit more at that time in my life.
I remember sitting in the pew, I'd take a deep breath and feel the stress and strain flow away from me and in place would come a feeling of peace and quiet and calm.
There were other time when I would swear I could actually feel His arms holding me. 
I miss that.
I miss that feeling of comfort.
I miss that feeling of peace.
I miss that feeling of quiet and calm.
I'm in a less stressful place in my life right now, so I'm not as needful of His calming presence.
I don't need to feel His spirit to Believe, I know He is with me always.

Click on Linked 52 in the bar up above to see photos and ideas that all the other talented ladies have.

11 comments:

rhonda said...

Beautiful truly!

Andrea said...

Gorgeous! I love the colorful stained-glass and the light. Beautifully captured.
"I don't need to feel His spirit to Believe, I know He is with me always." - so true.

Anonymous said...

Yes, our lives happen in seasons. Some seasons His presence "feels" stronger than at other times. What I remind myself of is that regardless of what I feel, His presence IS always there. It's so comforting to remember that. Lovely image. So peaceful.

Heidi said...

Great image. I always try to interpret the theme by taking a photo of something around my house - I love how you go out in the world and draw inspiration from more than just your personal space at home.

Tracey said...

You are so right...that we don't need to feel his spirit to believe. Otherwise I'd be a lousy believer! That stained glass is beautiful!

Jean said...

new to linked 52! :)

i didn't grow up going to church, but whenever i go, i love, love being there.

stacey said...

This is so lovely, Janet.

Heather M. said...

this is just beautiful. love your words and how honest they are.

Liza B. Gonzalez said...

His power is strong and so is your faith..."i don't need to feel His spirit to believe, I know that He is with me always." That's true faith.

Simply Sara said...

so beautiful janet!

Amanda Kelley said...

Now this is super cool! Perfect shot!