Saturday, September 8, 2012

Linked 52 - Spice...

Spice...

hot
peppers
Mexican food
jars
kitchen
colorful
coffee
pumpkins
pears
Halloween
Dunn Bros.
Morris
drives
leaves
cookies
Molasses
warm
sweet
yum

Spice has a lot of different meanings for me from the Hot spice of peppers and Mexican dishes to the Warm spice of cookies and cakes. Because I haven't tried any gluten free baking yet, I thought I would see how my favorite cookies turned out using gluten free flour.











I have to be honest and admit that while making them gluten free, they are very tasty, they are NOT as tasty as when I make them with flour. The texture is coarser and the flavor is off somewhat, so next time I make them, I will add more spices and I may try a different GF  flour. But, however they taste, I still can't regularly make and eat them, because there IS sugar in them, and the less sugar I eat, the more it reacts with me when I do eat it. Probably a good thing in the long run...I really do not need to eat goodies.

See what Spice means to these ladies...


1 comment:

Jean said...

hmmm. interesting. i don't think i've had gluten free baked goods, but i see it a lot more now. however looks good and i am always up to try it. :)